Soccer has been organized under the Santa Rosa Youth Soccer League for decades. The Santa Rosa Youth Soccer League is divided into three clubs for administrative purposes. There are two geographically defined clubs, Empire Soccer Club www.empiresoccerclub.net (Rincon Valley and NW Oaks have joined together to form Empire) and Santa Rosa South Soccer Club www.srssoccer.org (Annadel, SR Central and Laguna have joined together to form Santa Rosa South). Both Clubs have recreational and competitive programs. The functional Santa Rosa United Club www.srunited.com administers the Premier competitive programs, and draws on players from all of SRYSL and the surrounding area. In the two geographic clubs, families can register where they choose, but most families prefer to have their children participate with children from their neighborhood and/or their schools. The geographical boundaries of the League shall coincide with the combined boundaries of the area from which all high schools under the jurisdiction of the Santa Rosa School District draw their student population. For clarification regarding which club falls within your geographic area for registration purposes, please click on the link below to view the SRYSL geographic boundary map: SRYSL map
Women in Leadership: Christie Rampone
Tuesday, October 13 at 7:30pm | Weill Hall at the Green Music Center
We are honored to welcome Christie Rampone, an American professional soccer defender and captain of the United States Women’s National Soccer Team, to Weill Hall at the Green Music Center on Tuesday, October 13 at 7:30pm. Rampone is a three-time Olympic gold medalist and a two-time FIFA Women’s World Cup champion. Rampone is the oldest player to appear in a FIFA Women’s World Cup game and the second most capped player in U.S. and world history.
Christie Rampone will be joining us as part of the Women in Leadership Lecture Series, which brings influential women from diverse backgrounds to Sonoma State University to share insight and perspective on the changing role of women in leadership.
Christie Rampone is valued as an athlete, woman and leader and will share her personal story with you during a special Q&A discussion. Questions for Rampone may include:
- What do you think makes a defining leader who is a woman?
- Who were your leaders growing up? And how have they impacted you both personally and professionally?
- How do you define your leadership role on the U.S. Women’s National Soccer team both on and off the field?
- What impacts do you think you make on others as a leader?
- What was it like being the only U.S. woman to be on both of the World Cup Champion winning teams?
- What are the positive and challenging aspects of working/coaching only women on a team?
- What advice do you have for young girls who might just be starting their athletic careers?
- How have you used your platform as a woman who is an athlete and leader to help educate others?
Ticket Information: Tickets are available online or can be purchased by calling 1.866.955.6040.
Special promotion for teams/groups: purchase 10 or more tickets, receive a 20% discount. Use promo code: “Soccer”.